This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
Overhead Travel Cranes
Overhead traveling cranes are used in various industrial settings to raise and lower loads and shift them horizontally.
Accidents involving the use of overhead cranes usually occur because:
• cranes, slings and lifting gear are not checked before use;
• safe working loads (SWL / WLL) are ignored;
• slinging and lifting gear are not used correctly; and
• crane operators fail to maintain control of the load.LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this talk you will understand:
• checking an overhead traveling crane;
• inspecting lifting gear;
• slinging; and
• moving loads