This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
Accidents and incidents happen all the time. They can range from minor accidents and incidents like cuts and bruises, to major accidents and incidents that sometimes result in death.
The reason for this safety talk is to explain why it is important to report all accidents and incidents and what the company does with the information you give them.
Accidents and incidents will continue to occur if they are not reported. By reporting them to your supervisor when they first happen, you will:
• make sure everyone is aware of possible hazards;
• reduce the chance that they will occur again;
• meet your legal obligations; and
• instigate an investigation to find out why it happened.
By reporting and investigating accidents and incidents you help to make your work place safer for yourself and your work mates.
At the end of this talk you will know:
• definitions of an accident; and
• the importance of reporting incidents