This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
There are approximately 50,000 different chemicals used worldwide, many of which are classified as hazardous substances. Incorrect transport, use, handling, storage and disposal of hazardous substances can result in:
• personal injury and illness;
• fire and explosion; and
• environmental damage.
However, with the correct information and proper care, hazardous substances can be used and handled safely.
While it is not possible to discuss every hazardous substance used, we will look at the basic safety concerns.
At the end of this talk you will know:
• the main types of hazardous substances;
• the health effects of exposure to hazardous substances;
• how you can be exposed to hazardous substances; and
• how you can prevent exposure to hazardous substances.