This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
Every year, many employees suffer severe burns followed by weeks of painful treatment. Many are left with permanent scarring because of workplace accidents with flammable liquids.
There are, however, many thousands of other employees who have worked with highly dangerous flammable liquids for years and never experienced an injury.
Most flammable liquid accidents are easily preventable. In order to prevent them, we must be responsible and encourage habits that protect those around us and ourselves.
Accidents involving the use of flammable liquids usually occur because:
• the volatility of a flammable liquid, and the vapours it produces, are not understood; and
• the safe handling and storage precautions are not known.LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this talk you will understand:
• what flammable liquids are;
• how to decant, store and dispose of them;
• why and how we can avoid harmful contact with them;
• how to maintain storage areas; and
• what to do in the event of a mishap.