This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
Fire extinguishers are designed to extinguish small fires. When a fire does break out you must be able to quickly select the correct extinguisher and extinguish the fire before it spreads and gets out of control.
You must also be able to extinguish the fire without putting yourself at unnecessary risk of personal injury or harm.
Extinguishers are only effective if you know which type to use and can operate them correctly.
This means you must be able to:
• recognise the different classes of fire; and
• know which extinguishers to use on each class of fire. LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of this talk you will know:
• the classes of fire;
• how to identify the extinguisher type;
• what classes of fire each extinguisher can be used for;
• how to check extinguishers; and
• how to correctly use extinguishers.