This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
To reduce the chance of you damaging your sight or going blind, you must protect your eyes.
Your eyes are one of the most easily damaged parts of your body. Not only are they soft and vulnerable, they are always pointed directly at any work you are doing. Eye protection is worn for a reason – to prevent eye injury or blindness.LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of this talk you will know:
• the need and benefits;
• the different types;
• selecting the right type;
• how to wear the equipment correctly;
• how to look after your equipment;
• reasons why people don’t wear eye protection; and
• when you should wear eye protection.