This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
Protecting the environment is not only a commitment to future generations, it is also a commercial necessity if companies wish to expand and meet their legal responsibilities.
In this climate of environmental awareness, a company with a poor environmental record can only damage its reputation.
The company has to meet its legal and moral obligations. It does this by:
• setting and enforcing standards of waste control and management;
• ensuring oils, chemicals, petrol, diesel and hazardous goods are correctly and safely stored, handled and transported;
• setting and enforcing transport procedures for toxic and chemical materials;
• establishing safe work and handling procedures for potentially polluting products; and
• complying with statutory regulations and specific permits.
We adversely impact the environment by not controlling the pollutants we use and by not following the standards and rules.
This talk is aimed at helping you to identify, help improve and control environmental damage.
By the end of this talk you will understand:
• the types of pollution and their impact on the environment;
• the basic steps to protect our working environment; and
• the basic rules to help prevent pollutants from contaminating the environment.