This safety talk includes the full safety talk in MS Word, PowerPoint presentation and handouts for in the field talks, assessment and Answer Sheet.
Our safety talks can be edited to suit your needs or used as they are. Below is a passage from the talk and you can view a preview of the talk in PDF: TALK PREVIEW
Cranes - Working with Slings
Crane and lifting accidents are often caused by the use of defective slings. Even in sound condition, if slings and lifting gear are used incorrectly, accidents can still occur.
It is important that you select the correct type of slings:
- to ensure the lift is carried out without any risk of injury to people;
- to prevent damage to the slings; and
- to prevent damage to the load.
By the end of this talk you will understand:
- how to select the correct type of sling; and
- the safe positioning and securing of slings